Hello Readers,
We are going to be working on improving our reading responses. Instead of doing an RRJ for homework this week in your booklet, you will be completing it on this blog. The format should look exactly the same.
Title:
Author:
Date:
I read from page ______________ to _________________ this week.
Summary:
Prompt:
Remember to use transitions in your summary (first, next, then, later on, etc.)...this will help you to keep your summary organized. Looking forward to seeing proficient (3) or advanced (4) responses from you guys!
Thanks,
Mrs. Springston
This blog will be used for various classroom purposes among the East Elementary fourth graders in Mrs. Springston's class. We welcome the public to check out what we are doing, as well!
Hi There!
Welcome! Please feel free to check out our blog and comment on anything! We have lots of useful websites here. Also, we are utilizing two other blogs more frequently at this point in time. The blogs are still connected to Mrs. Springston's 4th Grade Class, but we generally use them to respond to what we are reading. Please visit us at http://www.litcirclea.blogspot.com/ and http://www.litcircleb.blogspot.com/ if you would like to see more of what we are up to!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Title:Dear Dumb Diary
Author:Jamie Kelly
Date:Monday November 16,2009
I read from page 1 to 23 this week.
Summary: First, I am reading Dear Dumb Diary by Jamie Kelly and it is about a girl who is reading her father's diary and she finds out that he is writing about his children. Then, the girl is running away from home. Later on, she goes home and her family is out looking for her. This book is a good book. The father has been at work for three years straight. Then, she tries to eat ice cream.
Prompt: I like this book because it is very funny and it also has really good pictures. It also is a good book because you can get a good laugh out of the book. That is why I picked this book.
Your Friend,
Madison
Dear Mrs.Springston
Title:The Lion,the Witch and the wardrobe
Author:C.S. Lewis
Date:11/16/2009
I read from page 113 to 117 this week.
Summary:First, Edmund is captured at the white witch's house and he is having the worst time ever and Lucy and them got weapons.then,Edmund was cold from riding in the snow.Then the white witch went to Aslan's front door of his palace and some creatures were sitting down on a table eating pudding.Next a mouse told the queen “he has he has he has”and they did not tell her what she want so she bit her lip a drop of blood came out she wove her wand in the air and all of the creatures were stone and the table.Finnaly,they drove away and it was getting more warmer and foggier and the sleigh was not working as well.
Prompt:I choose this book because I knew it had to have more details than the movie because every book has more details than the movie because it was made before it and all of the details won't fit in a movie because it would be to long.
Your friend,
KJ
Dear Mrs.S,
Title: The Celery Stalks At Midnight
Author: James Howe
Date: November 16 2009
I read from page 60 to 80 this week.
Summary: The Celery Stalks At Mindnight by James Howe from the page I started from is about a cat and two dogs that live in a house with a bunny named Bunnicula and the cat thinks that the bunny is a vapier. First, Max the bulldog came with a skratched up face and said that a cat named Snowball skrached him up.Next, Chester the house cat saw a shadow across the street a told Harold one of the house dogs t go get the shadow because it looked like Bunnicula so Harold ran and got the shadow but it turnd out to be snowball! A lady was coming after Harold with a broom yelling at him. Harold saw a mail cart and ran for it he let Snowball in it and he was looking at him with a mad face. Later on, the famaly pets found their oner and they were playing wisirds and Toby one of the boys was saying to the house pets “come on you guys follow me” So they did. They ended up at the cornial but did not know it was then they saw Mr.Monroe siting on a board a little bit off the water below him (a dunk tank) so Harold thought that people were trying to drown him Mr. Monroe fell in the water and Harold came to help him he started top laugh he thought he did something wrong but then he found out that it was a carnival . thats all i read so far but I want to read on.
Prompt:I would ask the author why does he write this kind of book. Did his kid want him to?
Title: Night of the Ninjas
Author: Mary Pope Osborne
Date: 11/16/09
I read from page 1 to 24 this week.
Summary: So far what I've read this week is Jack and Annie are going to rescue their friend Morgan and she was trapped in Japan. But, Annie was too furious she wanted to rescue Morgan immediately even if it was dark but Jack told her it was 8 o’clock pm and they had to be home by now. After a few minutes Jack saw Annie already at the tree house waiting for him in the woods. They didn’t know that Morgan was trapped in Japan, until they got to the tree house. After a few minutes they found a book that Morgan left to tell Jack and Annie where she left so they know where to rescue her. Soon they were in Japan with two ninjas looking at them! I can’t wait to find out if the ninjas know where Morgan is
Prompt: I chose this book because I have a Magic tree house book and I read it and I felt like that was a really good book.
Hello Ms. Springston,
Fifth grade has been going GREAT! I like how we get to use all the technology for the presentations because if we didn't have that technology we would be having trouble of what to think of and then when it would be the big day we wouldn't know what to do so that is why I like technology because you can do alot with it. I hope that you are having a great time and have a merry christmas.
Your old student,
Brenden
hi Mrs.Springston i am marisol. I am in mexico am with my dad I am not gonna go to school untill next week becuase i have my airplane ticket till friday in the morning. i am going to miss you and the class can you say to the class that i am not going to be there a whole week . Also can you say hi to them for me and tell them to write a comment back to me during lunch recess and afternoon also so i can know how they are and how they are doing i miss all of you goes. Have fun!!! yourstudent marisol
Hi Marisol,
So glad to hear from you!! Hope you have enjoyed your Winter Break in Mexico...I'm sure you're staying a lot warmer than us. Can't wait to have you back so you can learn some new great things and also so we can continue to learn from you.
See you soon,
Mrs. Springston
Dear Mrs. Springston,
In 5th grade, you need to write a writing patch and a reading response everyday. You only need to do patch Monday through Friday but you need to do reading response every single day. The first month in fifth grade was pretty hard doing the patch and the reading response but now, I am totally used to doing patches and reading response. Well, that's it for now.
Sincerely,
Raymond
Post a Comment